So I had to reformat my computer, forcing me to download itunes software. Of course when I sync it, it asks me to wipe my iPhone. How do you recover contacts from my iPhone 4?
It is normal to lost contacts on iPhone without any reason. Or the stupid iPhone deleted all your contacts somehow. I have headed more than one situation about how to lost contact careless, and some people give up restoring iPhone contacts while some people are not. If you are the last one and you happened to come across this situation, you may be interested in the following contents.
One. How to restore contacts from iPhone backup.
If you haven’t synced iPhone with iTunes before lost contacts, please jump to the two.
1. Configure iTunes so that it does not automatically sync with your iPhone when your phone is connected to your computer
2.Connect your iPhone to the computer.
3. Open iTunes
4.Right-click on your device and press ‘Restore from backup…’
5.Choose the latest backup and proceed.
By the time the restore is done. But there are things you should note: you should know that data has not been backed up would be rewritten. That sounds it is not the best solution. But you also do it by other Recovery tool, it can restore your iPhone backup files to your computer avoiding rewriting data.
Two. How to recover iPhone contacts without backup.If you have not been backed up before deleted? You should note something before you recover the files as below:
Some vital data likes Contacts, SMS, Notes, Call histories and more are stored in the dataBase. When you delete these files accidentally, those deleted feels are still stored in the dataBase. Deleted files are stored in device’s database until they are overwritten with new content. You can recover them with progression iPhone data recovery tool. Here are the detail steps:
Step 1: download and installed the iPhone Data Recovery on your computer, and select "Recover Data from iOS Device"” to recover lost contacts from your iPhone“
Step.2: Enter DFU mode to scan your device (For iPhone 4 & 3GS users)
Follow the steps below to get into DFU mode before scanning your device for lost data.
1) Hold your device and click “Start” button in the interface of iPhone
2) Hold “Power” and “Home” buttons on your device at the same time for exact 10 seconds. The Software will count time for you. Just hold the two buttons immediately after step 1.
3) When 10 seconds passed, release the “Power” button right away, but keep holding the “Home” button. After another 10 seconds, you’ll be informed that you’ve successfully entered the DFU mode and you can release the “Home” button now.
4) Then the software begins scanning your device automatically for lost data
iPhone 5 and 4S users can restore contacts from iPhone without this step.
Step 3: When the scanning completed, you can preview all the lost contacts on the interface of program. Of course, including the contacts that stored in your iPhone devices. After confirmation, hit the “Recover” to start recovery.